November 22, 2011

Success!

We have success! I knew Kira would finally poop in the potty...but at the rate we were going I was considering investing in a lifetime supply of diapers...(okay...not really...). Last week may just be on the or near the top for most frustrating parenting weeks EVER! I try very hard not to get frustrated with things like this but sometimes...when you're sitting in a bathroom....for 1 whole week....and your there for them for hours (we took breaks, don't worry I'm not a drill sargent)....you start to lose you mind. Or at least I did!

So, on Sunday when this glorious moment happened...We had a Poop Party!! We danced, we sang, we had treats, we went to the store so Kira could choose a new toy (one of our bribes)...But the best part was seeing Kira's face and how proud she was of herself!

We are officially a diaper free house.....I've been waiting 4.5 years for this moment since Taylor was born!
I promise to never talk about poop again.

On a side note I am very excited that Craig has finally started painting our bedroom...Kids rooms and the play room first of course! Our new bedding is yellow and grey. Two of my favorite combos!
I'll be sure to post some pictures of before and afters when it's complete! Have a great week :)

1 comment: