December 5, 2012

Health and Happiness

So many times in my life I have wished someone health and happiness...without batting an eye. I have of course often thought about what having ones health means, and how lucky we are to be healthy.

I never imagined our family would have known what it is to have one of our own loose their health. These types of things only seem to happen to people we don't know or to friends of friends. Of course, anything is possible and we are now facing this with my mother in law, Vicky.

Due to her Rheumatoid Arthritis, she was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Lung Disease. She needs a double lung transplant to save her life. They are in the process of trying to get her on the transplant list...we find out more this week...the information can not come fast enough.

She is the most amazing lady, with the kindest heart. She is an excellent mother to my husband and his siblings. She is a gracious mother in law to me. She is also the most wonderful grandmother to my daughters....in their shorts lives, she has taught them so much about the things she loves, her time spent with them has always been 100% about them and she loves them unconditionally, with all of her heart. Her grandchildren are the loves of her life.

We will remain hopeful that she will be given this gift she needs, that our prayers will be answered. Most of all we will never give up. It is a very unsettling feeling for me to sit and watch this happen and know that there is nothing I can do to change this for her. If I could, I would.

We all take life and our health for granted. We take moments and opportunities for granted. Thinking we'll tell someone what we're feeling next time we see them or not telling someone what they mean to us when the feeling arises....it's a mistake. Tell them, show them and do it every time...we're not promised tomorrow...




2 comments: